Importance of Attic Ventilation
Summer heat gives a beating to all things under the sun rays. Advancements in technology continue to create and improve measures to help alleviate the pressures of the intensity of summer heat. A properly ventilated attic keeps the attic cooler, which equates to a cooler home. Your cool and comfortable home means you can be relieved from the heat inside your house.
Expert Air has decades of experience in attic ventilation and attic insulation, so trust our certified and professional technicians to get the job done right from the start. You will feel the difference right away. Whether aiming for attic ventilation for a new home build or as a repair years later, Expert Air technicians will ensure you get the best type of attic ventilation for your home.
Types of Attic Ventilation, with 5 common types, each has its own set of pros and cons.
1. Static Vent- moving parts means it will fail over time and use. Also only offers ventilation in the immediate area.
2. Ridge Vent – Best bang for your buck, you get the most ventilation for the amount of money spent
3. Gable Vent – Specific design placement of vents may have ineffective results
4. Power Fan – Constant and increased utility bill as it’s run by electricity. Allows for constant use for consistent moisture alleviation
5. Turbine Vent – Wind powers this vent, which equates to lower utility bills, but higher chance for ineffectiveness if the wind is not blowing
Attic ventilation is important all-year round, from keeping warm temperatures inside during the cool winter months as well as ensuring proper exhalation of accumulated moisture during the hot summer days. When inadequate insulation and improper installation causes issues with attic installation and/or ventilation, then the consequences can be detrimental to your roof or worse, the foundation of your home. Don’t risk poorly installed insulation, get your attic ventilation done right with Expert Air.